Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Looking toward the other side of the rainbow

I pretty much ate all carbs all yesterday!!! Two pieces of white toast with butter as a late breakfast, 6 pieces of white toast with butter for lunch, and 4 cookies for a snack. I visited the doctor yesterday morning. I have been feeling extremely tired for months now. I have gained a lot of weight and have struggled with depression for the first time in my life. And my poor husband and daughters have been dealing with way crazy emotions at PMS time so I was hoping the doctor might be able to give me some clarity. As with all doctor visits we started at the scale. How is it that this practice catches me off guard every time? Well once again the scale proved it was either not my friend or a friend that believed in straight tough love because according to this scale I now weigh more than I weighed when I was 38 weeks pregnant with my twins!!!! Ugh!!! The doctor ordered bloodwork and I was on my way. I can only hope that there is some reason for these changes in my health but regardless of reasons there are no excuses...I have to get a move on in changing my health. I have always been very active but there have only ever been seasons of my life where I have been dilligent in a healthy lifestyle that included exercise specifically. Funny thing, I feel great when I exercise daily. I love to sweat and feel the burn of progress as I push myself, but I usually get distracted by busyness and get off track. I believe wholeheartedly that a lifestyle of healthful eating and daily exercise is part of the key to thriving. I have to get motivated!! I have to not eat all carbs when I am feeling discouraged.

Thought for the day: (since you already saw my diet)

A diet of carbs can lead to survival while a diet rich in a rainbow of color just may be the pathway to thriving.

And I don't mean eating candy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment