Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm trying.....

This morning I was helping a friend and reflecting on the slow pace my life transformation seems to be on. It seems to be one step forward, you know I eat well and exercise for 2 days, and then 3 steps backward, I celebrate my accomplishment by making a long weekend of no exercise and indulging in less than healthy foods. It is frustrating!!! I want to thrive!!! When will surviving not be the norm? How long will it take for my norm to be to wake up and thrive? This is not an easy transformation. My friend, K.J., challenged me with the question, "How long does it take to make a change?". I answered "well 21 days of course", thinking Gosh that sounds like a long time when I can't make it more than 3 days of being healthy and she says, "no, not just make a habit but live by new habits without even thinking about it...they say it takes a month for every year you are old." What?!?! All I could think of at that moment was wow, am I thankful I am 2 months away from my next birthday therefore I only have 38 months and not 39 to make this change!!!! I want to change. I believe that we are created to live a life that is amazing. That in the face of tragedy and turmoil, I should not only be at peace but actually thriving. Surviving should be at most for a season, not a lifestyle. I am committed. I know it will not be easy but I'm trying.

Today wound up being an incredible day. By the time my kids got off the bus the sun was shining and it actually hit above 50 degrees for the first time in months. I felt great!

Eating Log

4 M and M Peanuts
Reuben with chips and pickle
Popcorn
Irish Beef Stew
5 Small Cookies
1 Pistachio Cupcake
5 glasses of water

No comments:

Post a Comment