Saturday, April 2, 2011

SO EXCITED

It is 8pm on a Saturday night... I am driving home from the grocery store with scores of lettuce and carrots and all kinds of veges and ice cream... for the kids.  I am starving and I can't wait for the 2 minute drive to pass so I can make myself something yummy.  I was at the grocery store and saw my favorite spaghetti sauce was on sale.  I can't afford to buy it unless it is a BOGO deal... and it was.  The ingredients are all things I can eat on my diet and I love it.  But, pasta is a no-no right now... so I found some artichokes.  Artichokes with pasta sauce HAS to taste like pasta??  My mouth was watering.  Yes, the diet is going that well.  The good news is, except for my daily cheats (a few french fries today) I am actually sticking to it - which is huge for me.

It was a long day today.  I didn't get accomplished anything I wanted to.  By 2pm I was frustrated to the point of tears.  I had the thought that it was essentially the result of putting everyone else first above me.  It was true.  My first reaction was that I need to do better at saying no and putting me first... but then when I thought one by one of the things I had done, I changed my attitude.  I don't regret any of it and there is time for my things later.

So, I am tired tonight... long day.  I am going to curl up on the couch and watch Revenge of the Bridesmaids with the kids... while I eat artichokes and pasta sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment