Monday, April 11, 2011

Don't Forget the Hershey's Kisses

Well, today I had my first mammogram. It was a bit unnerving after being called back into the room for the 3rd time. I was actually in the procedure area for 2.25 hours!!! My mom who was patiently waiting for me in the outer waiting area was a wreck by the time I walked through the door . She was actually glad to have T with her, who we had been forced to retrieve from school on our way to the appointment for suspected pink eye, as she had to keep her composure and not let her nerves get the best of her. I had found a small lump a few weeks back and my doctor's office said it was probably nothing but let's be sure. So, it wasn't until the last 15 minutes sitting there today I finally realized how long I had been in there and how many women had come and gone while I was there. I silently prayed to God, "Lord whatever the results are I will praise Your name, Nothing to worry about, I'll praise You, Cancer, I'll praise You." I then finally got the go ahead to get dressed and head to the waiting area to talk with the doctor. A quick 2 minute wait and a 3 minute consultation later and I was sent away with a "nothing to really worry about, there is one area we noted but it's probably just a lymph node, and we'll follow up in 6 months." So, I praise the Lord for it being nothing to really worry about right now and will continue seeking His name as I journey toward thriving more and more. If you need to get a mammogram, I highly recommend Windsong Radiology. They were very professional and the atmosphere was very clean and quite comfortable. Oh yeah, don't forget the Hershey's kisses on the way out. I forgot to grab a few. No, I wasn't going to eat them but I had planned on surprising T with one or two. :( Down 12 pounds, feeling good. Continuing to work out for a little bit each day and got a quick walk in with the dog before the rain blew in this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment