Saturday, April 9, 2011

I like to work...hmmm...who knew...

So, I subbed 4 out of 5 days this week at school. I REALLY enjoyed it. I was in special ed, pre-k, and the office. It was fun getting up, and dressed for the day right away each morning. I loved the faces of the little kids greeting me with Hi T and B's mom, or Hi Mrs. K. But, indeed the best part was seeing my children's faces throughout the day.

The office in particular was a rewarding job. I got to make people happy all day long. I lent kids money so they could eat, I allowed children to be picked up by their parents, I reunited projects that were left at home and lost items with the children who needed them. Making people smile is something that brings me great pleasure.

I have been a mostly stay at home mom for 6 1/2 years now and have loved it but am realizing that working in my children's school is even better than staying home once your kids are school age. My husband has been telling me for years that I should get a job at their school and I must admit he was right. I really like to work....who knew? For now I'll continue to sub and get experience in all areas and enjoy the simple pleasure of working on my own schedule, touching the lives of kids, and seeing the precious faces that God entrusted me with throughout the days.

Starting Day 17 of the first cycle of my 17 Day Diet. I am down 11.5 pounds. If I lose another .5 pounds tonight I will have met my goal for this cycle. I have discovered Chobani Pineapple Yogurt. This is like "my cheesecake" on this diet...mmm...mmm! I am enjoying eating a healthier diet but do have to admit that yesterday was the first day I was absolutely craving food that I am not allowed. Change is tough, but it is part of the process. Resisiting temptation, believeing getting to a healthier weight is top priority, and not having to worry about joint pain beacuse of the extra pounds is all part of what is allowing me to succeed. Of course I also must thank God, because it is by His strength that I am doing it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment