Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Big Dig

I have mentioned before that I tend to live in clutter. This is not just in my home but in all aspects of my life. My inboxes for various e-mail accounts have between 300-2500 messages in them, I am constantly being prompted to empty my text messages, the interior of my van, though clean right now, is usually a source of embarrassment and the room that is going to be my office someday is always cluttered. I Hate it! We spent Sunday afternoon and Monday evening cleaning the upstairs. My bedroom looks amazing. Of course you have to ignore the ceiling that needs to be replaced and the two spots where the plaster has fallen on the walls. The clutter is gone and it feels almost like a sanctuary to me. Truly this is what I want my whole house to feel like. A sanctuary, a refuge, a place that is welcoming to those who stop by and for us as a family. As I journey toward thriving I am sure that my home becoming a sanctuary is part of the process. I look forward to continuing the big dig out of clutter. On a side note, I interviewed last Thursday to begin subbing at my children's school and have been called in the last two days. It has been both tiring and fulfilling. I have also continued to push on in my 17 Day diet. I am on day 12 and have lost just under 9 pounds. I am thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment