Friday, October 14, 2011

Work Work Work...

I have been unemployed for over nine months... I have relished this time, but lately have really felt that it is time to go back to work. I have been applying for positions all along - but haven't heard anything from anyone.. almost.  There have been a couple that I have maintained contact with, but that is it, just contact - no job.

Last week that all started to change.  I moved through an interview process with a particular job and was given a job offer.  My reaction was to accept it.  Isn't that what you do?  Accept jobs when you don't have one?  So, I did.  After I did I had this horrible cloud around me that I couldn't seem to shake.  I was so emotional about it and seemed to be having my own personal pitty party.  I couldn't put my finger on the "why".  Was it the fact that I found the guy I would be an assistant to to be a bit annoying and rubbed me the wrong way?  Was it the lack of career in this position?  Was it the pay?  I didn't know... but I just knew it felt awful.

I finally was able to spend some time talking to my hubby about it and we did conclude that financially there was not a lot of benefit to the position. In fact I realized that I could cut the pay rate in half and have a position with benefits and the financial gain would be better.

So, I asked for more money... they turned me down and I declined the position.  I felt a huge relief.

I need to work... but I need to find work that I can thrive in.  This experience has given me a boost there.  I am less financially motivated and more motivated to finding something fun, or in a good environment... (with benefits of course).

If I could start my own business what would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment