Monday, November 21, 2011

Hmmmm.....

I have been on a bit of a soap box lately... kinda.  One morning last week, I was at my last straw with the kids.  It has been said time and time again that this generation is Entitled.  I am sick of it!  My job is NOT to be at your beck and call whenever you want to go somewhere or do something!

I went to work and my mind reflected on a book I had seen advertised as "coming soon" a few months ago. I hopped on Amazon.com and typed in... The Entitlement Trap  The book I had remembered came up and I decided there was no way I was just going to place an order.  In my own... must have it now kind of way... I wanted to know NOW how to make this stop!  So, I downloaded Kindle for computer and bought the book.  I am HOOKED!!  I highly recommend it.  My husband is still a little shell shocked as I have insisted that we cancel all the kids' cell phones and cease immediately to ever hand over cash or accept "I'll pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" type metality.  I want to create a family mission statement, laws, economy and immerse the children in service.

Read the book.  Really.  It is changing my view in a big big way!

No comments:

Post a Comment